Donate to PLU Crew
There are two ways to make your
TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation to PLU Crew through
- Doug Herland Memorial Crew Endowment Fund:
This fund provides long term financial support for the Crew program.
The fund is managed by the University with annual funding to the
Crew program from the interest earned on the fund. The larger the
fund, the more money the team gets every year!
- Lute Club: This provides immediate
financial support. Make your donation through the Lute Club, designating
it specifically for the Crew program, and 100% of your donation
goes directly to the Crew program.
The Lute Crew Alumni Association is focusing its efforts on building
the endowment through the Herland Fund. While we recognize it is important
to help the team today, our goal is also to provide long term support
and stability for the team into the future.
By Credit Card:
If you would like to make your donation online by
secure credit card transaction, follow
the directions below:
Click on this link. A new window will open with the donation page.
- If you are registered in the Alumni Online community, click
on “I’m Registered” to have the fields automatically filled in.
- Under "Area to Support:" choose
"Lute Club - Specific Sport"
- In the "Gift Designation" section,
click on the arrow to see the list of sports, and select “Doug Herland
Memorial Crew Endowment” or “Crew Team”
- If you would like to split your donation, you can choose one
or the other, and then note in the “Comments” section how you would
like it split. For example, if you donated $100 and want it split
80/20, type in "80% of my donation to the Doug Herland Memorial
Crew Endowment, and 20% of my donation to the Crew program."
- In the Gift Matching section, please check to see if your employer
is willing to match your gift.
- In the Gift Recognition section, you may choose to be recognized
for your gift or make your gift in honor of or in memory of someone.
- Once your gift is received, the University will send you a receipt
and thank you note for your donation so that you can get your tax
If you would like to send a check by mail instead, here’s how:
- Click here to view the donation form. You can fill in the
blanks online, then print the form.
- In the “Gift Information” section, check “Other” and specify
“Lute Club-Doug Herland Memorial Endowment” or “Lute Club-Crew
Team,” or if a split gift, the percentage to each.
- Make check out to: Lute Club – Herland Crew Endowment and/or Crew Team or indicate your fulfillment option.
- Mail to:
Office of Development and University Relations
Pacific Lutheran University
Tacoma, WA 98447-0018
- Once your gift is received, the University will send you a
receipt and thank you note for your donation so that you can get
your tax deduction!
Set up a Recurring Donation:
If you would like to set up a recurring donation,
please call David Gunovich below and he will be more than happy to
set you up with a Pledge Card for a donation or recurring donation.
Just make sure that your card has the specific designation to the
Doug Herland Memorial Crew Endowment and/or Crew team are noted!
David E. Gunovich
Development Director, Major Gifts
253-535-7428 | email@example.com
Office Location: Martin J. Neeb Center
Thank you for your donation and your support!
This will help keep our team growing, and rowing, for generations to